NO Current Openings – check back again in the future, or check our sister organization at 350nhaction.org.
2023 Summer Climate Internship
We are fighting for climate action in New Hampshire and bringing youth voices to the forefront of the climate movement! We’re hiring a team of summer youth interns to support our campaigns for climate justice. A 350NH internship will help you take your climate organizing and advocacy skills to a whole new level!
Who Can Apply:
Youth ages 16-22 who are interested in learning more about climate justice and supporting the mission and campaigns at 350NH.
Time & Compensation:
The Internship runs from June 23 – August 24. Interns are expected to work 16 hours per week, and to be available to work flexible hours Wednesday – Friday with occasional weekend events. Compensation is $2,000 in the form of two monthly stipends of $1,000 each. Interns may use this program to meet school internship credit requirements when relevant. It is a requirement to attend the Summer Youth Retreat from July 28-30.
- Plan exciting actions and visibility opportunities in the community to spread awareness about 350NH’s campaigns for climate justice.
- Canvass with 350NH staff and volunteers bi-weekly at events, farmers markets, or door-to-door.
- Recruit volunteers and community members to participate in canvassing, actions, and climate justice education.
- Plan and execute the 350NH Youth Climate Retreat in July.
- Support fundraising by signing up monthly donors and planning grassroots fundraising events at partner businesses.
- Create content and write materials for media attention, and the 350NH Youth Team Instagram.
- Commitment to climate justice, including willingness to expand your understanding and relationship to racial justice and equity.
- Dedication to support and strengthen social, economic and environmental justice movements and a strong motivation to end the use of fossil fuels.
- Ability to organize and facilitate online meetings with volunteers and speak to community members in-person about the climate crisis.
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively with others.
- Willingness to travel locally in order to canvass and partake in actions/visibilities within your community.
5 Reasons to work at 350NH!
- We respect and encourage work life boundaries as a crucial part of organizing and activist culture
- We win big change for climate justice like stopping the granite bridge fracked gas pipeline
- We intentionally foster positive relationships and community within 350NH and the larger progressive movement
- We encourage professional development and create space for learning and experimentation
- We have schedule and vacation flexibility
350NH is committed to being a collaborative group that values a diversity of approaches and perspectives to the work we do because we know this allows the movement to be as strong as it can be. People of color, and of all genders, sexualities, ethnicities, and abilities, and particularly members of communities on the frontlines of climate change are welcome and encouraged to apply.